Free US Constitution Lapbook includes mini books about amendments, bill of rights, the framers, delegates, and more.
This United State Constitution unit study also includes the a study of the branches of government, impeachment, and the path of a bill.
With fourteen different activity booklets, your student will have a good knowledge of the U.S. Constitution when they finish this unit study. Plus they will have a keepsake in the lapbook that they can show others.
Here are the resources we used in the US Constitution Lapbook:
- Shh! We’re Writing the Constitution by Jean Fritz
- …If You Were There When They Signed the Constitution by Elizabeth Levy
- The Bill of Rights by Patricia Ryon Quiri
- The U.S. Constitution and You by Syl Sobel
- We the Kids: The Preamble to the Constitution of the United States by David Catrow
- Resource Site: The Constitution for Kids – USConstitution.net
If you can’t find these exact books, use the U.S. Constitution books that are available at your library.
U.S. Constitution Lapbook Activities:
- What is the Constitution Activity Sheet – Write about the purpose of the constitution and when it was written.
- Amendments – Answer some questions about amendments.
- Bill of Rights – Write each one of the first ten amendments.
- Preamble – Copy work – Copy the Preamble to the Constitution.
- Framers – Answer some questions about the Framers of the Constitution.
- Delegates – Write the names of some of the delegates.
- The Virginia Plan – Answer some questions about the Virginia Plan.
- Separation of Powers – Define separation of powers.
- Checks and Balances – List checks for each branch of government.
- Executive Branch – Answer questions about the President and Vice-President.
- Legislative Branch – Answer questions about Senators and Representatives.
- Judicial Branch – Answer questions about the judicial branch of government.
- Impeachment – Define impeachment.
- Path of a Bill – Draw a flowchart showing how a bill becomes a law.
Download the free printable templates for the US Constitution lapbook.
Constitution Notebooking Page