We need plants in order to survive; both for eating and for the oxygen we breathe. Learn more about wonderful, life-giving plants in this free plants lapbook.
This learning folder has nine different activities including seeds, photosynthesis, parts of a plant, Bible, and more.
Here are the resources used in the Plants Lapbook:
These are the resources used to create this lapbook. If you can’t find these exact books, you can use books available to you on the same subjects.
- The Magic School Bus Gets Planted: A Book About Photosynthesis by Lenore Notkin
- The Magic School Bus Plants Seeds: A Book About How Living Things Grow by Joanna Cole
- A Seed Grows by Pamela Hickman
- Eyewitness: Plant by David Burnie
- Oh Say Can You Seed: All About Flowering Plants by Bonnie Worth
- Resource Site: DK Plant Facts
Plants Lapbook Activities:
- Parts of a Plant Activity Sheet – Label the parts of a plant in the picture.
- Photosynthesis Activity Sheet – In the leaf-shaped book, write about photosynthesis.
- How Seeds Spread Activity Sheet – Write about the different ways seeds can be spread.
- Parts of Plants We Eat Activity Sheet – Draw examples of roots, leaves, stems, seeds, and fruits that we eat.
- Plants Bible Verse Activity Sheet – Choose a plant Bible verse for copywork. You can use a topical Bible for help.
- Plant Uses Activity Sheet – Write about the many different things we use plants for.
- Parts of a Flower Activity Sheet – Label the parts of a flower on the picture.
- Pollination Activity Sheet – Write about pollination.
- Life Cycle of a Plant Activity Sheet – Draw the life cycle of a plant.
Related Plant Pages:
Are you new to lapbooking? Learn how to How to Fold a Lapbook.