Celebrate the new year with this free New Year’s Lapbook. This printable lapbook includes 7 different activities.
In this New Year’s Lapbook, you will learn about New Year’s celebrations around the world as well as the traditions in your own family.
Find out the history of the calendar and why a year is 365 days with this learning folder.
Here are the resources used in the New Year’s Lapbook:
- Printable Lapbook Templates – available in our free resource library.
New Year’s Lapbook Activities:
- History of the Calendar Matchbook – Write a brief history of the calendar system.
- Length of Year Lift the Flap Book – Answer the questions about the length of a year.
- Sun Oval Booklet – You can color the picture on the outside. Inside, write about how a year’s length is determined.
- Leap Year Fan Fold – Answer the questions about leap year.
- Father Time & Baby New Year Mini Book – write about the New Year’s symbols of Father Time & Baby New Year.
- My Family Traditions Mini Book – Inside, describe how your family celebrates the holiday.
- New Year’s Around the World Tabbed Booklet – Choose 3 countries to research and describe how they and when they mark the new year.
Download the free printable templates for the lapbook.
Be sure to pin this free printable