This free printable Digestion Notebooking Pack is a great way to teach your lower elementary student about their body’s digestion.
The printable digestive system pack includes a title page and six different notebooking pages.
The Digestion Notebooking Pages are available in our free resource library.
How to Use the My Body’s Digestion Notebooking
- Print out all the pages and staple together or put in a folder.
- The title page contains a basic diagram of the digestive system. Have your student color each part of the digestive system a different color. They could create a key with labels for each color.
- Foods We Eat – Discuss why we need to eat and the importance of eating healthy foods. Fill in the blanks on the notebooking page.
- Foods We Should Eat – Using this page as a guide, you can discuss the MyPlate food guidelines. They can draw pictures of their favorite foods from each food group in the squares. Have them write about some of the foods in each group and what nutrients we get from each food group.
- Tasting Foods – On the tongue diagram, have your student label where the different taste buds are (salty, sweet, bitter, & sour).
- Swallowing Foods – Label the parts of the digestive system in the diagram and answer the questions about your stomach and esophagus.
- Digesting Foods – Write about the role the small intestine and large intestine play in digesting foods. They can also color the diagram.
- Removing Food Waste – Have your student write about the final stage in the digestive system.