This free dogs lapbook can help your student learn more about their “best friend” so they can better take care of their dog and train them.
With 15 different foldable mini books, learning about dogs will be fun. When they are completed, glue all of the lapbook elements into a learning folder for later review.
Here are the resources used in the Dogs Lapbook:
- Complete Dog Care by Kim Dennis-Bryan
- How to Talk to Your Dog by Jean Craighead George
- Hero Dogs by Donna M. Jackson
- Shaggy, Waggy Dogs and Others by Stephanie Calmenson
- The True Story of Balto by Natalie Standiford
- Jim the Wonder Dog by Clarence Dewey Mitchell
- The Trial of Old Drum – video
- The Wreck of the Ethie by Hilary Hyland
- Resource Site: American Kennel Club
Dog Lapbook Activities:
- Dog Anatomy – Add pictures of a dog’s internal and external anatomy as well as its skeleton onto these dog anatomy index cards.
- Mammal Questions – Answer questions to show that a dog is a mammal. Write the answers under each flap.
- Dog Groups – List breeds or draw pictures for each group of dogs in this mini book.
- Panting – Why do dogs pant? Write your answer inside this single fold book.
- Barking – Why do dogs bark? Write your answer inside this single fold book.
- Chewing – Why do dogs chew? Write your answer inside this single fold book.
- Dog Tails – What does a dog’s tail tell us about his mood? Use this fan fold booklet to write about a dog’s mood based on his tail position.
- Dog Ears – Compare and contrast dog ears to human ears in this folded shutter book.
- Dog Foods – What foods ingredients are good for dogs to eat? Are there any foods dogs shouldn’t eat? Write on each of the petals of this petal fold book.
- Dog Safety – Answer the questions about how to stay safe around dogs you don’t know on this flap book.
- Dog Supplies – What supplies will you need to get for a new dog? You can write or draw the supplies inside this shutter book.
- Dog’s Body Language – Learn about a what a dog can tell you with his body language. Draw pictures of each dog position inside this fan book.
- My Favorite Dog – Add a picture of your favorite dog in this match book fold.
- Dog Jobs – List some jobs that dogs can do on each of the side of this cross fold book.
- Famous Dogs – Write mini reports about some famous dogs and place them inside this envelope.
Download the free printable templates for the Dogs lapbook.