This free Basketball lapbook includes 9 different printable activities!
Team sports can be difficult to teach in a homeschool pe setting, especially if there aren’t any leagues in your area for your children to join.
That was the case for us and basketball, but I wanted my children to understand the basics of the sport.
This free basketball lapbook is the perfect addition to a homeschool PE class to give kids a basic understanding of basketball.
It is also a good learning tool for an avid basketball fan to find out more about the history of the game and their favorite players.
Printable Basketball Lapbook Activities:
- Basketball History Booklet – Inside the book, write about the history of basketball.
- How Many Players Lift the Flap Book – Under each tab, answer the questions about basketball.
- Offense / Defense Lift the Flap Book – Under each tab, describe what a team is doing when it plays offense or defense.
- Court Labeling – Label the basketball court’s parts. You can also draw in the different players in their proper positions.
- Positions Fan Booklet – On each fan page, describe the duties of one of the positions on a basketball team.
- Basketball Moves Index Cards – On each card, explain the move indicated on its tab.
- Referee layered book – Explain each item in the layered book.
- Leagues circle fan – Write about the different basketball leagues.
- Stars Envelope – Make biography squares for each of your favorite players. You can include their photo as well as important information about each. Place these cards inside the envelope.
The printables for the basketball lapbook are in our free resource library.
Additional Hands-on Basketball Activities:
- Practice dribbling
- Learn basketball footwork
- Practice shooting baskets
- Play basketball horse
- Practice lay-ups
- Practice passing the basketball
- Play one-on-one game
Related Basketball Pages:
Download the free printable templates for the Basketball lapbook.
Be sure to Pin this sports lapbook for later!