Learn all about alligators in this free Alligator lapbook.
With ten different activity booklets, your student will learn where alligators live, what they eat, the difference between alligators and crocodiles, and more!
Glue all of the activity booklets into a learning folder to review and share with their friends and family later.
The unit also includes some literature reading books that feature alligators.
Here are the resources used in the Alligator Lapbook:
- All About Alligators by Jim Arnosky
- Alligator by Patricia Whitehouse
- There’s an Alligator Under My Bed by Mercer Mayer
- More Mr. and Mrs. Green by Keith Baker
- Tales From The Wild: Gus The Alligator by National Geographic (video)
- Site: Enchanted Learning – All About Alligators
- Printable Lapbook Templates – available in our free resource library.
If you can’t find these books, you can use the alligator books that are available to you.
Alligator Lapbook Activities:
- Activity 1: Crocodile and Alligators Use this Venn diagram to show the differences between alligators and crocodiles.
- Activity 2: Alligator Locations On this world map, color in the two places alligators live in the wild. Make a legend on the map.
- Activity 3: Habitat Write about an alligator’s habitat in this mini book.
- Activity 4: Carnivorous In this envelope fold, write about what an alligator eats. You can cut out the picture of the alligator and glue it on the front of the envelope.
- Activity 5: Physical Characteristics Make this alligator card. Inside, describe the physical characteristics of an alligator. Listen to an alligator’s hiss and bellows.
- Activity 6: Reptile Use this flap book to write about the characteristics that make an alligator a reptile.=
- Activity 7: Reproduction Use this shutter tab book to answer questions about alligator reproduction.
- Activity 8: Baby Alligators Use this egg shape book to show what baby alligators look like. On the inside, draw a picture of a baby alligator or glue a picture of a baby alligator.
- Activity 9: Behaviors In this fan-fold booklet write about an alligator’s behavior. Be sure to include how they move (swim and walk) and about their social behavior. Draw a picture of an alligator on the cover.
- Activity 10: Interesting Facts Use this booklet to write some interesting facts about alligators
Download the free printable templates for the Alligator lapbook.